Home » Support

Mental Health

Contact your local NHS Urgent Mental Health Crisis Line: Mental Health Helpline for Urgent Help – NHS (
For assistance with other urgent mental or physical health issues, including those around your own safety, call 999 or visit your nearest A&E department.
If you would like to speak with someone, call Samaritans on 116 123, open 24/7. Calls are free and confidential.

Text ‘SHOUT’ to 85258 for free, confidential text support.
CALM helpline 0800 58 58 58 (5pm – midnight). You can also access more information and a webchat here: Homepage | Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) (

Papyrus offers confidential support for young people under the age of 35 who are experiencing thoughts of suicide. Call on 0800 068 4141 (9am-midnight). You can also text them on 077862 09697, email or go to

Businesses adopting the PSP can reach out to their retired colleagues in need, often providing a vital community connection that can be lost in retirement.

The Charity can provide a hand up with financial grants and assistance services. To achieve the best outcomes for our PSP clients we work seamlessly with a broad range of professional charitable and service providers across the community, health, welfare, legal, financial and psychology spectrum.

We are members of the Helplines Partnership and our counselling services are accredited with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.

All services provided by the EIC and its partner organisations remain free and confidential

To download our programme brochure click here.

Adopt our free programmes today: call us on 0203 696 1710; or email

We can give a hand-up to everyone in our industry.
Will you help us reach those in need? Learn how you can get involved.

Physical Health

If someone is seriously ill or injured and their life is at risk, call 999.
If it’s not a life-threatening emergency and you or the person you’re with doesn’t need immediate medical attention, please visit the NHS website or call the NHS Helpline on 111. 

Food Support

The largest foodbank organisation in the UK is the Trussell Trust. It has over 1,200 foodbanks across the country. You can use their website to find your local foodbank.
There are also many smaller, local groups running foodbanks. If they don’t have websites, they can usually be found on social media.
To be able to access a foodbank you must have a referral from:

  • Jobcentre Plus
  • Your social worker
  • A trusted advice provider, such as Citizens Advice
  • A children’s centre
  • Your local authority,
  • Police or probation workers, or,
  • Your GP, health visitor or other medical professional.

Visit the Trussell Trust website to learn more about how food banks work

You may also wish to visit the Independent Foodbanks Network (IFAN) website for more information on food banks near you.


If you are homeless or at risk of losing your home:

You may also wish to…

Domestic Abuse

If you are searching for support for domestic abuse, please contact:

Call the National Domestic Abuse Helpline for free on 0808 200 0247, for women and children

Call the Men’s Advice Line for free on 0808 801 0327 

Call Galop’s National LGBT+ Domestic Abuse Helpline for free on 0800 999 5428 

If you are not in crisis and would like to make an application for support with the Electrical Industries Charity, please complete our application form:

For more information on:
Local Support

If you need local support you may want to contact your local authority for help with housing, social care and health care matters. You can find your local council by visiting the GOV.UK website.

If you are struggling with your mental health and would like information and support, you may wish to visit Mind’s website or the Hub of Hope for more information on available services:


For advice and practical solutions to problem debt, please call Stepchange Debt Charity’s free Helpline on 0800 138 1111


For information on relationship support, please visit Relate’s website.

Welfare Benefits

To find out more about which benefits you may be entitled to in England, visit:

In Scotland:

In Wales:

In Northern Ireland:

You can also find more information by visiting the Citizens Advice website.