The EP Board holds 2 voting positions on the Trustee Board and delivers a fresh perspective from our emerging leaders in the industry (people with less than 10 years’ experience).
1. Put your skills and experience to use and make a lasting difference for your Industry.
2. Learn about the management and strategy side of charities by taking on a leadership role.
3. There are only four compulsory annual meetings, so it’s the perfect volunteering opportunity for busy people.
4. Work with new and interesting people from a diverse range of industry backgrounds.
5. The experience will enhance your CV and can open doors to new career paths.
6. Gain experience on a trustee board.
Board role requirements:
Desired skill sets and/or skills you will develop as part of your role:
- Industry knowledge and understanding of the wider issues currently affecting it.
- A strong affinity with the vision and values of the Electrical Industries Charity.
- Strategic thinking and experience of driving organisational strategy.
- Experience and understanding of charity governance and working with or as part of a Board of Trustees.
- An understanding of charity fundraising and income generation/business development.
- Strong interpersonal, networking and relationship-building abilities.
- Experience of chairing meetings and/or events committees.
- Strong leadership skills, with an ability to motivate staff and volunteers and bring out the best in a Board.
- Experience of stakeholder relations and representing an organisation both internally and externally.
- An understanding of operations, including finance.
- Strong and visible commitment to the principles of volunteering.
- Experience of overseeing successful business development/income growth within the charitable sector or with corporate/commercial partners/sponsors.
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please submit a full CV with a covering letter explaining how you believe you fulfil the role requirements. All applicants will need to provide a reference from their current employer.
Any expenses incurred to attend board meetings will be covered by the charity.
We will be holding interviews with the prospective candidates which will be conducted by the Charity’s President’s team.
All applications should be addressed to Tessa Ogle – Managing Director / CEO